Monday, January 3, 2011

January 2011

Wow, it is January already!

The holidays came and went without a hitch. We all had fun and it was especially fun for the big boy because Santa came! OMG! Santa left presents on his bed, Santa left presents under the tree, Santa left presents at Grandma and Pappy's house! Wow, it was really a Christmas to remember. Santa brought big boy an electric Lightning McQueen racecar!!!

He was stoked! I think it might've been more fun for my Dad and his Dad to watch him though. They had a great time laughing and yelling directions to him. Now, 5 or 10 days later, he is a pro at it. Daddy even made him a little racecar track in the front to drive around and to practice his backing up skills and his forward skills. He is so cute and talks about everything (except when you want him to talk, he won't - pretty much around strangers though). But, Santa brought him Toy Story 3 movie, a Lighting McQueen scooter and helmet and some other fun goodies. Oh, some Monster Trucks. He really likes those. Oh, and he also got Legos! I'm excited for the Legos. I used to love to play with them when I was little and I wish I kept them. I'm lucky I got some of the books that I had when I was a kid. My Dad likes to throw stuff away, which isn't bad, but I pretty much don't have anything left from my childhood. That's ok though, I don't like to keep stuff around either.

Otherwise, little tiny child had a good Christmas too. She got a Magic Wand from Santa and she loves it. She is too tiny to get toys yet, although her Auntie got her some cute toys - a chewy bunny toy and a little boombox that has lights and music.

MY Christmas was good too! I got a beautiful pair of earrings. I felt bad though because I didn't get my husband something big. I told him not to get anything and that Christmas was really for the kids, but he didn't listen. But, I love them and haven't had any new jewelry in quite some time.

Christmas Eve was fun. We had Whipahol! That was the funnest! Everyone got a little silly at the end and we had a special friend with us too since her family was back East. We were so glad to have her because she is a great guest.

New Years Eve was fun too! We went over to Val's for a while. Ate some delicious food and kept the kids up until 10pm! Then we came home, did a couple of fireworks out back and sent the kids to bed. By that time it was already 11 and we stayed up to watch the ball drop. My favorite holiday! Come and gone. Just like that.

Now, we are into a new year.

Who knows what it will hold for us. There are things on the horizon that could flip our family upside down. Good things. But, still, it would be fun and different and totally exciting. But, things are very far from being finalized or even proposed, really. We should find out soon!

That's all for Christmas.

My New Year's resolution is of course, to lose weight (down 10lbs so far!) and to write more! :)

No comments: