Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Now, officially 1

Well, we have had a ton of things happening lately. We have been to New Hampshire for a wedding (on your official birthday) then we had relatives in town for your impromptu birthday and then we had a party on this past Sunday. It was pretty fun. We had an afternoon of cake and gifts and some yummy eating. You had lots of fun running around and eating nothing of nutritional value except probably that one cheese stick that I happened to give you while socializing. Well, that's ok, it was your first birthday.

Some friends were kindof bummed that Grandma and Pappy didn't show up for your birthday. Honestly, I was a little bummed too. They claimed that they thing we "saw enough of each other" this past weekend, but you know what, I don't think that grandparents can ever see enough of their grandbabies. I know, one day, when you have kiddos of your own, I will want to babysit all the time and try to help your wife with all of her baby question (but will try not to be the nasty MIL). Anyway, I digress and am getting way too ahead of myself. You are only 1! You better not be thinking of having any babies anytime soon! You little rascal.

You are a little rascal. You have resorted to throwing things over the baby gate that we have installed between our living room and our kitchen/dining room area. I know you need attention when you start chucking things over that gate. It is kinda funny and neat to watch you develop this way. You have learned that you can get our attention by throwing bricks of Legos onto the Saltillo tile floor. You really just want to walk around with us in the kitchen area while we are making you a snack or making you dinner or going through our mail. But, baby, sometimes that isn't always possible. Sometimes you need to be corraled up in that area so you don't play in the dog water dishes. Sometimes you don't need to be eating the leftovers you threw on the floor at breakfast. But, mainly, we just want you to be safe. Sorry, child!

I love being home with you all day and taking you out on our little errands. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are my little Secret. One day I will tell you about this little Secret, although it is quite popular in our culture these days. You know, I kindof think of this little diary as a time capsule for you. I hope one day you will read this and know how much I love you. How scared I was at first with you and how my love for you grew and grew into something that is immeasurable.

I can only hope that you will realize this one day.

Love,
your mom

No comments: