Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It Begins

So, our adventure has officially begun, I think.

Today, the professional movers have packed everything up and left our house full of dust bunnies and random bits of this and that which we don't know what to do with. It is amazing how such a tiny little house can hold so much STUFF! Really, I thought that we didn't have a lot of stuff, but once the packing began, I realized that we do, indeed, have a TON OF STUFF!

Today I roamed the little house that we have lived in for the past 7 years - looking at the yellow paint on my boy's wall. Looking at what a crappy job I did down at the bottom by the baseboards - knowing full well that when I was painting that area, I was SO DONE with painting! I think I was like 8 months pregnant when we finally decided to make the "nursery" for our pending child. I remember choosing the color - yellow - not a mellow buttery yellow like our kitchen is, but a more "green" yellow. I don't remember how it was picked, but I remember comparing that yellow to the yellow that lines our hallway and hating it. Although, I couldn't tell my husband because we just spent an entire weekend DAY painting the "guest room" a nasty colored-yellow.

It turned out great, though.

We welcomed home a baby boy and didn't even think twice about the color in his room.

Today, though, the bunk beds were disassembled by the movers.
The pictures were taken down and packed away.
The books were packed for France.
The toys, too, were packed for France.

This is going to be an amazing journey. It will most likely be filled with stops and starts, but I am optimistic.

I think it will be such a wonderful time to reminisce about.

But, back to today.

Today, we are all in our respective beds. One for each of us. Only a mile away from the home we have lived in for the past 7 years. The home we brought Brannan into. The home we brought Kinnerly into. The home we lost Leia in. So many memories. Such great times.

It seems weird to be staying in a hotel that is only a mile from your home. Like, I should just drive back there and sleep in my bed with my pillows and the crappy pink rug that has been there forever. With my nightlights and my midnight snack dark M&M's.

It will take time to get used to this new place.

But, I am ready.

I am SO ready!

No comments: