Thursday, April 10, 2008

7 Months Old

I just got through my two email accounts and I received about 10 notifications that my baby is 7 months old now. Today. Today is the day, 7 months ago, that we drove to the hospital to be induced. 7 months ago, we sat in a very nice birthing room, watching my favorite movie, Anchorman, laughing and waiting. I remember being so hungry and all I could think about was a sandwich from The Picnic Company, one of my favorite little shops in that area. But then I remember all the horror stories that I read about people throwing up because of the pain, or more horrifying, pooping while you are pushing. So, I pushed my sandwich thoughts aside for thoughts about the big moment when my baby would arrive.

So, we waited and waited. It was a long day. Although it would all be over at 6:35 PM. That's when he would arrive. But, around 3 PM I could tell that my husband was getting restless. I told him to go out and do something. He doesn't like to sit around and watch tv. I dozed in and out of sleep because I got my epidural about noon. It was awesome. Of course, people would come in and out of the room, give me the obligatory check (i've never had so many pelvic exams in one day ever), and check my monitors. The baby didn't want to show up on the monitor, so I had to keep shifting positions and shifting the monitors.

After months of waiting and reading about delivery, it was here! I was scared and nervous and elated and really scared.

7 months ago today was one of the best days of my life.

7 months ago today my baby came into the world.

No comments: