Monday, April 28, 2008

Slacking

I have been so bad about keeping up with this blogging lately. I really wanted to do more, to document more, but it seems that when the baby is napping, I'm trying to get work done. I really have had no time to poke around on the internet like I used to. It's kindof crazy. But, I should make it a part of my every day so I can remember just what is happening these days.

First, baby's bottom two teeth have popped out! I can't believe it. I have told so many girlfriends how I am going to miss his "gummy" smile. It was sooo dang cute. But, these little teeth are cute too, and it's just another stage in life that I'm going to have to get used to.

We've stopped swaddling him during naps and at night. He has responded very well to this, but he manages to wedge himself up in the corner of his crib all the time, it is pretty funny.

He has gotten super good at rolling over from back to tummy and tummy to back. We're still waiting for the signs of crawling though. None yet.

He is super smiley and is overall a good baby. He's eating lots of people food like butternut squash, acorn squash, zuchinni, yellow squash, pears, apples, and even Grandma's meatballs! Oh, and he had some rice on Friday night too. He seemed to like that.

His Auntie came to visit this past weekend. She had fun with him and she played with him a lot, it was cool to see. I hope he has a really good bond with her, unlike the bonds with relatives I have. I don't really have bonds with my relatives, so I really hope that his life is a little different. I don't regret it, we have tons of wonderful friends, but we moved away from our relatives when we were very small, so we didn't have a lot of contact with them. So, our way of solving this problem is to call everyone "auntie" and "uncle". That's way cool with me! Some real uncles I'd rather not introduce him to anyway...

I came down with more of my diverticulitis this weekend. That just reminds me that I need to do more research on it. It is a terrible pain, but the good thing about it is that I don't want to eat so I lost like 4 lbs this weekend! Sweet!

That's what's been going on. Oh, did I mention that I LOVE my job??? I do...

No comments: