Monday, April 7, 2008

Canned

So, I got fired on Friday. It was totally unexpected. I'm 33 years old and have never been fired before in my life. But, the craziest thing about it - I wasn't sad! I have been sortof secretly hoping that I'd get fired. I was hoping for an awesome severance package, and the weight to be cut free from around my neck that was sinking me deeper and deeper into the ocean of boredom. But, it happened, and I was pretty happy about it. Supposedly I have been given another option about working from home. I'm really excited about that. Even though I'll still be associated with the company, at least I don't have to go into the office and face people I really don't like to do. I'm supposed to be getting a formal contract at some point today.

The coolest thing?

I get to be with my baby ALL THE TIME!!!

The saddest thing?

I really am going to miss the girls at daycare. I'm going to go visit them today and to thank them for everything.

No comments: