Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's tax day!

Although we have already sent in our taxes, I only know that it is tax day because the post office was SUPER crowded today! I didn't know what was going on when I walked in there but then I managed to remember it is the 15th. Well, baby boy, we turned right around and headed to the tiny post office located inside a store closer to home. See, we have just recovered from a very interesting visit from family members. The beginning of the week started out great, but then it kindof went downhill from there. I don't want to get into specifics just in case people can find this site, but let's just say that the visit was interesting.

My sister, your auntie, was here as well, and I feel terrible that we didn't get to spend much time with her. I finally got you in a not-too-crabby mood and we went to visit her, but then I came down with the same illness you had a few days before. Nausea and vomiting don't make for very fun visits.

Speaking of which, that was the first time I've ever seen you throw-up-sick. I felt terrible. We were over at Uncle Sully's house having dinner with everyone and all of a sudden you just threw up all over my feet and my pants and your pants and your shoes. It was kindof gross. It is hard for me to clean up that stuff and no one was coming to my rescue. So, I just had to buck up and do it myself. Everyone I know was probably secrety laughing under their breaths watching me gag at the puddle on the floor. So, anyway, I quickly scooped you up and said we had to go home. We couldn't stay around for any of the easter egg dyeing. Too bad, but you really wouldn't have cared anyway. We came home and I got your "bai" (passifier) and your blankie and we sat on the couch and I held you when you got sick a few more times until everyone came home and I felt it was ok to lay you down in bed. You were sick for most of the night though, you woke up about every half hour throwing up a little here and there, but not too bad. You were fine in the morning.

After all of our relatives left, we had to take Daddy to the airport too. It was a bummer because we couldn't even spend the day with him. We were supposed to, but he got called back to work unexpectedly. That's ok though because we will be going out to see him next week! Yay for another trip! I'm just not looking forward to having to drag your carseat with us on the plane. It should be interesting.

Other than that, you have been quite the little mimicker these days. You are learning at the speed of light and you have new words every day. It is great and awesome to witness. You still love your bedtime stories and are getting quite opinionated. You know what you want and know what you don't want, that is for sure. Yesterday it was ice cream. I made the mistake of giving you a couple of spoonfulls of ice cream mid-afternoon (it was the only thing my stomach could handle) but that was all you wanted for the rest of the day. You probably could've finished the pint if I would've let you! You little monkey!

Tomorrow we should be back into our usual swing of things, gym, then park. I think this is the last time the weather is going to be so gorgeous. It is mid 70-s and windy, perfect! It is supposed to be in the 90's next week. Ugh, I am so not ready for the summer. I say that every year. I just hate the summers here.

Ok, off to clean some more!

No comments: