Monday, August 24, 2009

School

So, school is starting again.

Another sign of things that are changing.

My baby boy is getting so big so fast. I want to make time stop right now while he is still taking 2-hour naps and can almost get a full sentence out. I know I can't do that, but I'm trying to savor every moment.

I see that other friends are taking "first day of school" snaps and posting them up on Facebook and it makes my heart ache. I don't know what I am going to do when I have to send him off to his first day of school. I was such a wreck when I had to leave him at his first day of daycare! He was only 6 weeks old. That is the youngest they will take babies at daycares around here. I cried and I cried and the lovely Miss Mary told me it would get better.

It never did.

I know, I know, that was a couple of years ago and he was smaller than a sack of sugar. But now, he is walking and talking and he has feelings and needs. How do you do it all the time? How do you let your little children walk out the door, step on the bus and not worry about them? I guess you always worry - at least that is what my SuperMom says - and I believe her. She was there for me when I was at my lowest when I was in my mid-twenties and called her every day, crying over silly boys.

Anyway, I digress.

I guess I am just going to have to learn to control my worrying. I have to give him roots and wings and at some point, let him spread his wings and fly away - hoping that he will always come back to his Momma for a little snack and a nap in the nest.

No comments: