Thursday, May 6, 2010

37

The boy woke up so early today. 6am. Ugh. I think it is because the sun is getting him up earlier and earlier. Even though we have a duvet cover over his window, he still wakes up. And, I went to bed at 8 last night hoping to fall asleep, but got sucked into watching something dumb on TV. So, I finally turned off the TV at about 9:15 and woke up about 9:40 woke up super sick and had to vomit. Ick. Then I was up from 3-4 and was in a good sleep when I heard the boy wake up. Oh, and my hips were hurting too. Ugh, I don't mean to complain so much, but I think this will be the last time I can complain about being pregnant since my husband doesn't want to have any more children (boo hoo).

Anyway, the boy was complaining that he couldn't find something this morning so I went into his room and said we would find it later and he just needed to lay down for a few more minutes. Then he said something that just crushed me. He said "Ok, Mom. You are my best friend."

Oh be still my beating heart!!!!!!

I said "you are my best friend too, buddy, I love you" and walked out of his room back into my bed in hopes of catching a few more zzzz's but I couldn't stop thinking about what he said. He is just too damn sweet, I tell you.

I know when he is like 7 or 8 or 9 I won't be hearing this, and I hope he still loves me when he is 16, 17 and 18. These days are just so precious and I love every single thing he says. I want him to remember how he feels about me when he turns into a teenager.

I only wish.

No comments: