Wednesday, May 26, 2010

17

Well, little one - you had me scared last night. You had me calling the doctor and going into the hospital!

I started feeling contractions about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Your Daddy came home and I told him that I was feeling contractions and all he said was "Is that your way of saying you don't want to go camping this weekend?" (insert sarcastic ha ha here).

Not really.

But, I brushed it off as Braxton Hicks contractions and went about doing what I was doing. But, then, around 5:00 I started feeling this horrible lower back pain. I was reading online that if you start to feel these feelings you should contact your doctor. So, I hmmmd and hawed over it but decided to call the doctor. She suggested that I go into the hospital to get checked and have you monitored. So, I did. I packed up my little overnight bag in anticipation of staying and having you at the hospital, but they didn't think I was ready yet and said that I was just experiencing normal aches and pains of pregnancy. Now, don't think that I am a complainer, because I really don't like to complain, but it was really hurting and I really was having serious contractions. I only went to the hospital one other time for pain and that was when I had diverticulitis. I think if I would've waited any longer that time, I would've had a torn intestine and I probably would've had to have had surgery. Luckily, it was caught just in time.

Anyway, back to you!

So, after being checked and monitored, they sent me home and I got home about 10pm to a quiet house. No one stayed up to see if I was ok.

But, I guess at least the porch light was left on for me.

Well, today is a new day and everything seems better. I had lots of crazy dreams about you last night, giving birth to you, having you, but you know what, you never revealed to me if you were a boy or a girl. Isn't that crazy? At least, not that I can remember now.

I still don't know what to do about this upcoming holiday weekend, but hopefully something will come up.

No comments: