Thursday, June 10, 2010

2

Well - two.

Only two days until you are due to arrive. Although, you will probably not arrive on Saturday, as has been predicted.

I don't feel any different - at least today I don't.

We went and saw the doctor on Tuesday, but she said I wasn't "squishy" enough to induce. So, I thought we were going to have you here this weekend, but it seems like you want to spend some more time in there. I was really bummed at first, but then I told myself that you need some more time in there, so I don't mind too much. And, I have been sleeping a little better the past couple of nights, so it hasn't been terribly bad. Oh, and we have been preoccupying ourselves with finding a boat that we can hang out on, so that makes things a lot more fun. And, I have been thinking a lot about vacations, too, so that takes up some time.

It has been so hot here lately that we have been spending a lot of the time in the pool. Your big brother has the cutest tan. He has the whitest little butt and is tan everywhere else. He is also getting really good at swimming. I think in a month or so he will be able to swim all on his own without us having to worry about him so much. I mean, we will still worry, but it won't be so bad. He hasn't put on his life jacket in a week or so, and we just let him swim around and around. He can actually keep his little nose and mouth above the water now (his ears and head are still sunk, but he can do it!). He jumps off of the diving board and the edge of the pool and can swim clear to the other side and grab the edge of the pool and get himself out. He has grown so much.

But, today we are doing a little babysitting and your brother is on movie #2 for the day. During movie #1 he was pretty active, playing with trains and cars, but this movie has him watching pretty intently because he hasn't seen this one for a while, so now he is just standing at the coffee table watching the movie.

Anyway, other than swimming and movies, nothing too exciting is going on here. We have been tooling around town looking at boats and are going to look at another one this afternoon. I really would like to have a boat but am nervous about bringing a newborn out there. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

So, little one, I am still very excited to meet you and hope you come to hang out with us soon!

Love,
Momma

No comments: