Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pills

I started taking prenatal pills again.

No - I'm not pregnant. And really, they are just leftover from when I was pregnant.

But, I can't help but feel so totally nostalgic when I break them free from their little plastic container and pop them in my mouth. I think about all the kicking and the sore hips at night from sleeping on them and all the crazy dreams while I was pregnant.

Granted, my baby is only 5 months old, but I am alredy missing being pregnant so much. I just love it. Well, I don't love the "no alcohol" part, but I love the attention that I can draw just by holding my stomach, or wearing those awesome maternity clothes that really show off your belly. Or, while ordering dessert at a restaurant, justify yourself by saying "the baby really wanted that cheesecake!"

So, at night, while I am scrubbing my face and brushing my teeth, I look at the pack of prenatal pills sitting in the basket next to my sink and figure, what the heck, I'll just go ahead and take them, it can't hurt anything. Even if I'm not growing a little baby in there, I can still take the vitamins, they are good for me.

And, for a split second, I pretend I'm pregnant again.

No comments: