Thursday, February 28, 2008

The torture

So, almost every day I listen to this radio show (which shall go nameless) online - I think just to torture myself. Every caller is from a Mom of some sort with some sort of question about their significant other, or some random kiddo problems. I like to listen to the hostesses really get on the people about what they do wrong. But, she is pretty old-fashioned. She believes that women must cater to their husbands and without giving the raido show totally away, she is just very *down* on women who put their kids in daycare. So, I listen to this show, and I beat myself up every day for putting my little guy in daycare. Even though I am so *not* old-fashioned, there is a huge part of me that wants to stay home and raise my little man. I have hinted incessantly that I want to quit my job and be a SAHM, but to no avail. So, the radio host goes on and on about how crappy of a mother I am for putting my boy into daycare and how I'm just shuffling him off and someone else is raising him, but how do I just up and quit my job? Tell me!

How much money should your significant other make in order for one to be a SAHM? What do you need to cut out? What do you need to do? I mean, I'll go back to work when he goes to school, but that first day when I had to drop him off at daycare, he was only 6 weeks old! That is the minimum age that they'll take infants at daycare, and I thought that my stupid job was more important than dropping him off at a baby factory?

My mom tells me to get over it and that everyone does it and babies don't remember. But I do. And I think about it all day long until the minute I can check out of work and speed over there and pick him up.

No comments: