Thursday, September 10, 2009

No more naps

So, I guess the time has come my little darling.

You aren't giving me 3 hours to myself during the day anymore.

Everyone said to enjoy the long nap times while they were still here. I did - believe me I did. I put stuff up on eBay, I worked on his baby book, I cleaned the house, I cleaned my closet, I gathered enough stuff for a garage sale. I did a lot of stuff. I even went swimming by myself and enjoyed the few moments alone.

But now, now they are gone.

You sleep in the car when you are totally exhausted, but then the trip is usually less than 15 minutes. I carry you oh-so-gently into the house, trying not to make a sound, lay you in your cool, dark room, and shut the door without a noise to be heard. But then, not 5 minutes later, I hear you click on your little bee lamp and start rustling around with your books and your toys.

The napping days are over.

And - your SECOND BIRTHDAY is coming up in less than 3 days!

I can't believe that it has already been 2 years since you have been born. It has been a great, fun ride little man. Happy birthday to you! We will be celebrating with family and friends on Sunday. Just something little. Just a little get-together to watch you smash some cake.

I love you!

No comments: