Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A tisket, a tasket, a Tonka in a basket...

Today we went out for a playdate. It was nice.

It was nice to get out of the house.

It was nice to visit with friends.

It was nice to hold a little newborn and listen to her coo.

It was nice to drive home with a sleeping 2-year old to then put him in his bed and he is still sleeping! This is one of the first naps he has taken in weeks. Well, I guess because he was up at 6:45 this morning, he is a little tired.

*********

On another note - we are currently knee deep in a tick-infestation.

This is the first time I have ever had to deal with this sort of thing, and it so happens that the dogs caught the ticks from a friends house who was watching the dogs for us weeks ago when we went on our road trip.

She has been super sweet and nice about the whole thing and has even offered to pay for a treatment or two (come to find out that you need to have at least 3 treatments which are NOT cheap) and has even sent over Frontline applications for the dogs. She has been really, really wonderful about it, but it is hard for me to ask her to pay for the treatments. It is just awkward. I mean, it isn't really her fault that my dogs caught the ticks, but then again, I guess she should've told me before we asked them to dogsit that they had a "little" problem.

I dunno what to do. We are vascillating on whether to treat the problem ourselves with a hotel stay and the powder that you put down, or to take her up on treatment. I just feel like crap asking her for money, but its not like we have a ton of money right now to spend on killing ticks They are so creepy though. I hate picking them off the dogs and finding them in the carpet. I actually found on on Brannan's head! Ewwww! But, that was weeks ago.

Although, it would be kinda fun to go stay in a hotel room for a night and use the waterpark! Hmmm, maybe I'll push for that tonight.

Well, guess who just woke up from his nap. Gotta go.

No comments: