Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's over already

Gosh, so Christmas 2009 is over already?

I took down the tree and the decorations yesterday. The tree was all dried up anyway - that's no surprise here in Arizona.

We took down the outside Christmas lights like 4 days before actual Christmas because we decided to paint our house then. Hmm, great idea. Although, the house looks really nice and looks like it belongs on the beach somewhere with its peachy hues.

So, I thought yesterday was a good day to take the rest down. Yesterday I had a strong nesting push. I scrubbed one of the bathrooms, picked up dog poop, cleaned up the front yard, did some more painting, unloaded the dishwasher - it was great to get all that stuff done. Painting is hard though with the little dude around. He wants to get up on the ladders too. But, he is too cute because whenever I am up on a ladder he always says "careful mommy!" My heart melts every time he says that!

I have been so out of energy lately, I really just don't want to go to the gym at all. The only reason I really want to go is so that Brannan can play with other kids and kindof get him out of the house. I think we will hit the mall this afternoon so he can play at the indoor play area they have there. He really likes it there, so that should be fun.

Anyway, Christmas was great. My sister was here and she and my parents totally spoiled Brannan. Oh, and his grandma from Florida spoiled him too. She mailed him a lot of presents that we opened at our house on the morning before we went to my parents house. He got so much stuff, but I think my parents are giving him a "last Christmas" before the baby gets here - one all for himself. But, the baby won't really know Christmas anyway for a couple of years. I'm not really sure even Brannan understands Christmas. We aren't religious, so we don't celebrate the birth of that magic dude or the death or whatever Christmas means in religion. We just put up pretty lights and a tree and have presents and a party and a big dinner. That's about it. Oh, and Santa. He will definitely know about Santa next year. He won't know about baby jebus, that's for sure.

But, now it is almost time for the new year. I can't believe it is already here. The time has just flown right by. This next holiday will be the hardest one for me to get through without drinking. It is my most favorite holiday of the year. And, I can't drink!

Ugh!

Ok, maybe one glass of wine?

Maybe my hband will let me open one of our good bottles of wine and I can have a nice glass of the Babcock wine. Yum.

So, tomorrow is New Years Eve. My favorite holiday.

I rememeber, one of my most favorite years, we were in Montana with Lee and Sandi and we did "shots around the world." We watched the countdown on tv, wore silly costumes and did shots every time it turned midnight in other parts of the world. It was such a good time. Then we went walking in the snow after midnight to a party in a basement where I started to lose time and events.

Now we all have kids and responsibilities and have to get up before 9am to tend to those things. We probably won't be staying up until 3 or 4am this year. Maybe next year.

No comments: