Friday, March 7, 2008

Attention! Attention!

It seems like from the moment I get home from work and picking up the baby from daycare, daddy and I are fighting for the baby's attention. I try very, very hard to let baby and dad have quality time, but it seems like they'll go on FOREVER and not let me have any time! The other day, I let dad and baby play in the other room, change clothes, giggle, do whatever they were doing, so I washed dishes and mixed up a little bowl of veggies for the baby's dinner. So, then they sweep into the room, pick up the little bowl and proceed to have dinner! Without me! I wanted to feed the baby! (stamping of feet and frowny face)! We have such little time with him after work and before he goes to bed, its absurd. Then, he goes to bed and I'm lost. Don't know what to do. I pick up the few toys that got scattered about and wash the leftover bottles, but then I have like 2 hours before I go to bed. Daddy goes straight to the computer and I'm just sitting there. I've tried to keep the baby up longer, but he's just too tired. I guess when he gets a little older, he'll want to stay up later. Until then, I just look forward to the weekends when we get to hang out.

Tonight we are going to go on an art walk with some friends and their baby. It should be interesting. This art walk isn't the typical art walk - it's like a Grateful Dead show gone nutty. There are people making electricity on bikes, people selling grilled cheeses and Pabst beer, people selling hubcap art, bottlecap art, any kind of art possible. It's fun, and crowded. I made the mistake last time of bringing the stroller because the baby was too small to sit up on his own. I couldn't even stroll on the sidewalks, it was so crowded! I ended up in the street. But, now the baby can hold his head up and we are going to bring the baby backpack! It should be fun.

Until them, I'm ready for the weekend! Bring it on!

No comments: