Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sleeping

I've been doing a little web-research on how to get the little munchkin to sleep through the night. After thinking about it a little bit, we are just conditioned to jump up out of bed and make a bottle at the slightest sound of the baby crying. I think tonight I am going to try a little more soothing or crying-it-out before I feed him. I mean, we fed him at about 8, even gave him some rice in the bottle, and I gave him butternut squash for dinner and a bottle before that. He woke up at 11 and we automatically fed him. Now, thinking about it, I think he just kinda woke himself up with his squirmy hands or something because it was only 11! Then, he woke up at 2, which you would think would be kindof normal.

And, on another note, I'm going to have to go to the gym tonight. Ick. I really need to get back to it. But, I just want to spend time with Squeaks! I don't get to see him very much and really want to hang out with him, but I'm really wasting this gym membership. And, I still have a few more lbs to shed before I get to pre-baby weight. Even though i've been able to fit into old pants lately which is a real ego-boost, I think i've slipped a bit this past weekend and this week. So, I'm going to go home, drop the baby off with daddy and head to the stupid gym. If I get home by 6:30, I can at least spend some time with him before he goes to bed. I haven't been to the gym since before daddy's accident.

We started watching the movie "Employee of the Month" last night. Boy, it is pretty terrible, but there were a few funny jokes here and there. Daddy likes those silly movies so I thought I'd throw one in the queue for him. I watched "3:10 to Yuma" this weekend in bits and pieces, but I really liked it. That was a fun movie, but really sad in the end.

We are planning to take Squeaks sledding this weekend! That should be some fun. I'm not sure if he'll enjoy it or not seeing as how he is only barely 6 months old, but we'll see.

I have a massage scheduled for this weekend, but I guess I'm going to have to cancel that.

This past weekend we had some fun - we went over to Sully and A's on Friday night and just hung out and had some pizza and drinks. We ended up getting home about 11 I think. Then on Saturday we went over to Val and Anthonys for a BBQ. It ended up being like 15 people at their house when originally it was just going to be the 6 of us (with kids). It was too funny. Their neighbors are people who just come over, then bring their kids, then the kids go into the jaccuzzi, then before you know it, they are grilling hamburgers and dogs for the kids, and of course, I didn't bring enough for 15 people! But, I made some marinated London Broil and it turned out wonderful! I'm definitely going to make that recipe again. Oh, then made some cinnamon rolls for the neighbors because their house is in demo mode.

Note to self: stupid and cheerful.

No comments: