Monday, March 24, 2008

Too long

Ok, I haven't been able to vent in such a long time! I've been so super busy, it's just been crazy. But, that's a likely excuse, right? Well, let's just start if off with last weekend, where I was in the hospital all weekend long! What a crappy weekend that was. First, I had to miss the annual St. Patrick's Day party at our friends house. This is the 2nd one I've missed because the year before, I was preggo and I couldn't drink! boo hoo. Anyway, I came down with a nasty case of diverticulitis and went ahead and perforated my intestine. My left side of my abdomen was really hurting that whole week and I decided I needed to go to the doctor on Friday. Well, they wouldn't even see me in their office, they said "do not pass Go, go directly to the ER." I figured they'd give me a prescription for some antibiotics and send me on my way. But, by about 7pm, they decided that I needed to be admitted, unfortunately. So, I spent my whole weekend in the hospital. It blew.

I missed Monday at work because I still wasn't feeling up to par by then, so I used a sick day. But, I finally recovered and went back to work.

This past weekend was super crazy, although it didn't involve any hospitals, thank goodness. We went up to the cabin on Friday night and then went to a party at Rick and Nancy's on Saturday. It was fun, but a bit strange. I got sucked in to the family dramas, which was fun, but I'm sure glad none of that stuff happens to us. Then, there was a landslide that covered our quickest route home, so it ended up taking us 3 hours to get home instead of the usual 1 hour. I was pissed off because I had to drive and couldn't drink. And, my man wanted to keep staying later and later and later. Finally I just had to put my foot down and tell him we were leaving. Ugh. So, then we finally got home (at 2:30AM!!!) went straight to bed and were awakened at 6AM by Squeaks. Of course. Then, I had so much to do, I had to cook side dishes and pound cake and go to the grocery store, it was just nutty.

Anyway, it's Monday again, and the start to a new week. The MIL is due to come in on Saturday. another ugh. Hopefully those days will fly by too. I have no idea what we are going to do with her. I hope she doesn't want to watch the baby, but I'm leaving all those details up to Byron. Maybe she'll just want to hang out in the backyard and tan. She likes to do that a lot. But, more later...

No comments: