Monday, November 9, 2009

8 Weeks

So, I am officially 8 weeks along now.

I have been sick, sick, sick these past couple of weeks.

It isn't anything really violent, but it is just this constant low-level nausea that makes nothing appetizing. And, that is really off for me because I love food and I think about it all the time! Luckily, though, I have lost 6lbs not being able to eat very much during the day, so that is really nice. Oh, there are some things that I can eat - and that is anything and everything sweet! Oh man, I have a massive sweet tooth right now, it is pretty terrible. During my first pregnancy, I never woke up in the middle of the night and ate anything, it was just really normal. But, this pregancy, I will wake up and just daydream about eating dark chocolate M&M's. So, I have to get up and (pee anyway) and go to the kitchen to get a little handful. I fear that I am going to develop gestational diabetes because of this sweet craving. I sure hope not!

Otherwise, this weekend was nice. Pretty low-key. We rode our bikes around the neighborhood on Saturday morning perusing garage sales. I got some neat-o old Cuisinart slicing and dicing disks. They are cool. They should go with my super old hand-me-down machine, but now I need to find a stem for it. After the garage sales, we went grocery shopping and I cleaned up with the coupons! I love being able to shop with coupons! After all that, we went over to our friends' house for dinner. Brannan got to play with his little buddy and we got to compare the newborn little girls. It was fun and a nice visit.

Yesterday we went over to Grandma and PapPap's house for a visit. I really like to try to get over to their house at least once a week. I didn't get to grow up near any of my relatives - it wasn't that bad not being close to them, really, but since I have the resources available, I think I should really take advantage of those resources, no?

So, we are starting another week, and I'm at 8 weeks - only 32 more to go! Oh geez, it seems like so long! I think right now is the hardest stage or pregnancy because you have to put all these limits on yourself and you can't really "show" that you are pregnant. it gets so much more fun when you have a little baby bump you can flaunt. And, it is so much more fun when you can see the baby on ultrasounds and feel it kicking around. That is the best!

Well, better get the Monday started!

No comments: