Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vodka and Cranberry

Ok, I guess minus the vodka, but I can dream, can't I?

Thanksgiving is tomorrow already!?! What the?

It seems like I was just getting fired from my job and sweating over how much longer we had of summer until it got cool. Oh well, at least the nice weather is here and I'm still super happy doing what I am doing, which is being a Mom and a Mom-to-be!

Just hanging around percolating a little one.

And, my 35th birthday is just around the corner. Ick! I try not to think about it. I mean, I still feel like I am 25 years old and doing dumb stuff and not being responsible. Well, I guess the truth is is that now I am responsible and I take my kid to the doctors when he needs to and I take myself to the doctor when I need to and make sure there is milk in the fridge and all that fun day to day stuff.

But, between Thanksgiving and Christmas lies my birthday.

The birthday that will make me officially of "advanced maternal age."

I think about my sister a lot when I hear that phrase. She is 2 years older than me and doesn't have children. She is very very influential in her work field and really high up in her ranks and she is divorced now. I've asked her if she wants to have children and she hasn't ruled it out yet, but she is always so busy with work that she hasn't even had a boyfriend since she got divorced. Well, at least that I know of. Not saying that there is anything wrong with that. It is totally her choice of course. But, I remember before I was pregnant always telling people that I "wasn't ready" to have children or "am still too immature."

Truth is, I think it is better that you still have a little kiddo left in you so you can play with them.

And, another truth, I totally wasn't ready to be pregnant - it just kinda happened. It was a real surprise to us both, but it was the best surprise i've ever had in my life. I can't imagine anything better.

And, today, tomorrow and forever I will be thankful for the beautiful little boy that we created.

No comments: